My kids love bananas, we always have bananas at home, so when the bananas get to ripe I just freeze them and when I have enough to make a banana bread I just do it, simple as that.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cup ripe mashed bananas ( I always add about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar ( I do 1/2 white sugar and 3/4 brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts. ( I skip this ingredient)
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt. Cream butter, gradually beat in sugar. Add an egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas, mix well. Blend in sifted ingredients. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan 9″ * 5″ * 3″
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1:25 hours.