My family and I started the Paleo Diet almost 3 weeks ago and I have to say that I am loving it, at this point I feel that I am not missing the carbs as much as the beginning of the diet, Yay! and yes, we are having one cheat day per week, we don’t loose control during cheat day but we allowed us to eat that meal that the Paleo Diet don’t allow us to eat.
This is the book I am following to cook must of my meals to get familiar with the diet. But I am alliterating some of the recipes to my taste, but every alteration is allowed in the Paleo diet.
When the recipe is something a never made before I like to follow the recipe step by step without changing anything, but when I am familiar with the recipe I like to add some of my favorite ingredients to make it my own.
High-Protein Grain-Free Burgers — Paleo Diet
This recipe is not the original version of the book, this recipe has my own touch and I have to say that my family and I loved it so much that we are planing to make it again very soon :).
This recipe make 4 burgers.
- 8 slices uncured, nitrate-free, thick-cut bacon
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 2 avocados
- fresh lime juice
- hot sause (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon slices, cook until crisp. Remove from pan.
- Season beef with garlic and onion powder and pepper. Divide into 4 patties. In a separate pan, fry each patty until cooked through.
- To make the guacamole you will need to take the avocado’s skin off then put the avocado in a bowl, smash it with a fork until it is a smooth paste, add salt, pepper and fresh lime juice to taste.
- Crack eggs and add the to the skillet individually, as many as will fit, and fry on both sides until cooked (I like them over medium), seasoning with pepper. Remove from pan.
- To serve place burger on a bed of lettuce, top with two slices bacon, top with a spoon of guacamole and top with another egg and a little bit of hot sauce at the top if you want. Eat with a knife and fork for best results. Enjoy!