I can’t take the credit for this yummy dinner, my sweet husband cooked dinner tonight and we love it! It is a keeper :). Like always we changed a little bit the original recipe, hope you guys love it too.
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 8 chicken thighs, with bones and skinless
- 3 small onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and smashed almost to a paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 pound black olives, cut in half ( I omitted this ingredient because I don’t like olives)
- 2 lemons, sliced and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large, hot pan and brown the chicken pieces. Set the chicken aside.
- Cook the onions until soft — approximately 3 minutes — making sure to scrape all the delicious chicken bits off the pan while cooking them.
- Add the garlic and cook for approximately a minute. Season with pepper.
- Add chicken stock, thyme, and lemon juice and return chicken thighs to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and then put the pan, covered, in the hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and add halved olives (if you are gonna add olives) and lemon slices. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve the chicken with the garlic, olive, and lemon sauce, as well as with some of the lemon slices. Enjoy!