Who doesn’t love beef and broccoli? I know that question shouldn’t be allowed to ask…
This is another yummy recipe from the Paleo Cook Book, as always I changed it a bit, and it was yummy yummy :).
We made this meal 3 times now since we started the Paleo diet and I am sure we are gonna make it again. It is very easy to cook, just make sure to heat the oil until it is almost smoking before you add the beef for a true stir-fry effect.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Lb grass-fed flank or round steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Lb broccoli florets
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup low-sodium tamari sauce
- 1 Tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook it quickly, stirring constantly. Transfer the steak to a bowl and add a bit more oil if necessary.
- Add the onion into the pan and cook it quickly, stirring constantly. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Transfer the onion to the bowl with the stake.
- Add the broccoli into the pan and cook it quickly, stirring constantly as well. Add more olive oil if necessary. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the sauce in the pan and cook it until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the beef to the sauce and serve. Enjoy!
** To my personal taste tamari sauce and soy sauce are to salty even when they are low-sodium, so I add 2/3 cup beef stock and 1/3 cup low-sodium tamari sauce. But my husband needed that little bit of extra tamari sauce and because he is so sweet he just add a bit of extra sauce on his meal.